Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Monday

Even if the weekend is wonderful, it doesn't seem like any kind of break when you spend it with many of the same people you work with during the week. But that's life for me right now. I have many blessings to count so I'm telling myself to get over it.

We're awaiting news on Mr. Pickel's application to grad school. That will start in motion either a series of huge life changes or a big, fat chunk of status quo.

Johnny Cash, or "Cash," our very big Black Lab, is recovering from his recent surgery. He had a lipoma removed from his hip. He doesn't seem to mind the sutures, the drainage tube, or even the enormous cone around his neck. No, his complaint is being sequestered in one section of the house while the rest of us are primarily in the other. He's so needy when it comes to company that he will whine literally all night. So, during this recovery time, me--sucker that I am--have been camping on the kitchen floor with the dog. This seems to be the only way I can get any sleep. It's been two weeks already and we're expecting one more. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment